Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Splash

I forgot how much I love to do themed baths.  I haven't done one in awhile, and now I wonder why. It entertains my two fish I have as children, it allows complete exploration of materials while in the bath, and, as I found out during this one, it allows for quite a bit of pretend play as well.

All I used for this bath was green food coloring, and various foam shapes.  The great thing about foam is that as long as you get it wet, it will stick to the bath tub.  Easy set up, means happy Mommy and kids.  I also discovered that wiggly eyes will stick to foam when wet; no glue necessary.


The trees and  gingerbread men I purchased in large packs, that we have also decorated with stickers.  The circles I cut out of larger sheets of foam, and the little shapes I found in a box in my craft area.  I also found the stars in the same craft area, but I know I have recently seen them at my local Michaels.


It was so easy for the boys to play and move things around.  After all, all the materials required to stick was water.  I also had on Christmas music while they were taking this bath, which lead to gingerbread men singing, Christmas trees being decorated, and candy canes being counted and lined up.  

yes, we have goggles in our tub.  Pierce is convinced he is a scuba diver.


Now that I did this bath, I am trying to figure out what the next kind of Christmas bath I want to create.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment