Monday, December 16, 2013

The Gingerbread Mansion

As my amazing husband came home from work last Wednesday, I threw some supplies at him to make gingerbread houses, said have fun, and went out the door to do my yoga class.  I guess I forgot to mention simple houses the boys made, because what we ended up with was a mansion.  It is quite hilarious, and for me it is fun to see just how different Dan and I are when it comes to crafting.  But, if you want to make your own regular gingerbread house(or mansion) without a lot of work, here is what you will need:

Various candies
Graham Crackers
Frosting
A board to put it all on


I for one fail at making gingerbread.  I can never get it to come out an even consistency, and it never quite tastes right.  Quite frankly I also did not have the time this year to make gingerbread pieces (I guess a stay at home mom does not really stay at home).  I also did not want to buy one of those kits in the store, since they are crazy expensive and do not have what I want most of the time.  So, this was the next best thing.

Use the frosting as glue - spread it across the joints of your house; meaning the edges of the graham crackers.  Once those are dry, use more frosting to "glue" on your various candy pieces and decorations.  This is what we came up with.  Keep in mind, my husband engineered walls to go with the roof, but the walls did not support the roof.  And the fact that he put in trusses in the roof, that tells you how big this thing is.







It must taste delicious, since part of our house is now missing...or ti could be that we have a toddler and preschooler in the house.  :)  Hope you enjoy this project as much as we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment